December 07, 2009

Very Unique





This weekend I went to check out the Unique Independent Design and Gift Show downtown LA.
There were a few things that stuck out for me and I thought I'd share with you.
The first thing that really caught my eye were Jen Zahigian's Roadside Photographs. She's got some pretty amazing shots that are reasonable priced for sale at her etsy shop.
Then I happened into search+resQ design collective's booth. Ando Pndlia, a practicing architect and one part of the collective, had some really intriguing wood pieces. The clock pictured above is an etching on bamboo. He also had some reclaimed wood pieces, skate decks turned clocks and a new table that had an etched design that started on the wood and continued onto glass. Very cool.
When I spotted what seemed like a hundred robot dolls I had to stop and check them out. The Kauzbot come in a bunch of different colors and 10% of the retail price is donated to the "kause close to that robot’s heart." Very cute! I wanted to get all one hundred.
And the last thing I saw that I really liked was bamboo elephant bookends from Ribbit Stopit. Their main focus is to produce children's toys and puzzles that are locally made with 100% non toxic & sustainable materials.

Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment